Thursday, January 23, 2014

Software Engineering

    The Wikipedia article on software engineering opened my eyes to how broad a topic it is. It would seem my education in computer science has been focused mostly on computer programming, rather than software engineering as a whole. I have acquired the abilities to write code in a number of languages, and analyze the efficiency of a program, but I have never had a class that discussed the different types of design processes like Waterfall and scrum.
    Also, I have been curious about what employment will be like after I graduate for some time, and the wiki article shed some light on that subject. It is nice to see that workplace injuries are rare, and that many that graduate with my degree do not have to work more than 40 hours a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment