Saturday, February 1, 2014

AGILE and elicitation

    I do CAD drawings for my friends small business. I think that we have had problems with the elicitation phase in the projects that we have done so far. There have been several instances where we have needed to make changes late in the project, or have had some miscommunication about what was expected. With drawing, as with programming, it can be difficult to make certain changes to the project because dependencies are created as you progress. I think that parts of AGILE could be applied to the way we deal with clients to avoid some of the problems we have had in the past. More specifically, I think we could increase the frequency of client meetings, and focus on having something tangible to show them each time. Also, if we were to work more closely with the client, I may be able to give them an understanding of what types of dependencies are being created, and make it easier to avoid getting stuck with a change late in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment