Saturday, April 12, 2014

Git Branching

When I began to refactor planning level, I made some big changes that broke a lot of things. I knew this would happen, and I tried to leave everyone else a way to continue working by using copies of the original files I made. This was a really bad strategy.

I've since learned that it is very easy to make a branch in git, and also very easy to merge the branch back to the trunk when it is time. There is even a graphical tool that displays the repository tree. Now that I understand how branching works in git, my workflow with the repository will probably change.

The trunk is back on track now, and I have a good chunk of the new planning level completed. I have also added a lot of interface features to planning level. Users can now insert different tiles using the keyboard, as well as lock and unlock different colors. Selection is now capable of correctly selecting partial cells, and move and copy are done using the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment